Partnership marketing has been around for a long time, and may have been refereed to by many other names. Brands of all types align themselves with other brands they believe will help them “Sell More Stuff”
However, as the Directional Flow of Marketing winds continue to change the relationships we have with prospects, residents and partner venders increases exponentially.
Every Apartment Marketer Has an Audience
If the average size of an apartment community is (300) units, and say has (400) residents, what is the estimated “Social Reach” of the average apartment community. Said differently, How Big is Your Audience? Our good friend Ken Burbary, and a well informed Social Media Guy penned an article titled Facebook Demographics which helps us put some estimates to this pondering question.
Facebook.com average user figures and facts:
- Average user has 130 friends on the site
- Average user sends 8 friend requests per month
- Average user spends an average 15 hours and 33 minutes on Facebook per month
- Average user visits the site 40 times per month
- Average user spends an 23 minutes (23:20 to be precise) on each visit
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- 200 million people access Facebook via a mobile device each day
The Value of Your Audience
Partnership Marketing works because it aligns and meshes like brands of the puzzle together. If we assume that 65%average of the (400) residents of our apartment community use Facebook, and they have an average of (130) friends, your Social Reach climbs to (52,000)!
We could debate the metrics used herein to illustrate the point, but you get the point. Your Social Reach has a value to the Partnership Marketer and your Social Reach is significantly larger than your existing resident base.
Erica Cambell, Director of Marketing for For Rent Magazine and I are facilitating a Partnership Marketing and Consumer Contests Workshop at Optimization Summit this year, and we will be explaining the details of successful campaigns.
There’s nothing like partnership marketing when it comes to multiplying the results of your efforts at little to no additional cost to you or your partner organizations. If you get it just right—incorporating interactive elements that make people more likely to share your message with others—your marketing efforts won’t just double … they’ll multiply exponentially! This session will teach you how to conduct partnership marketing with maximum success including finding the right fit; making your pitch; keeping it relevant; crafting your cooperative agreement; contests and similar promotions that drive participation and word-of-mouth; building a cooperative network; and more.
- Date: September 13,2011
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Need some help organizing and launching a Partnership Marketing Strategy, We can help you with that at The Urbane Way!
Eric’s background is rooted in the rental and real estate industries. He founded metro Detroit’s Urbane Apartments in 2003, after serving as senior vice president for a major Midwest apartment developer. He established a proven track record of effectively repositioning existing rental properties in a way that added value for investors while enhancing the resident experience.
He also established The Urbane Way, a social media marketing and PR laboratory, where innovative marketing ideas are tested. Eric has been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine and Business Week Magazine.
You can connect with Eric_Urbane on Twitter.
Eric also writes regular articles for the following publications;
- How do you get noticed by the big names? How do you know a product has been on Oprah's talk show? If it has, there's sure to be a note somewhere advertising just that, probably in bold letters, too. I'm only half-joking, because in the past, the popularity of something could easily be measured by the infamy of the......
- The power of bad publicity A recent incident is almost certain to continue to fuel the debate over whether the adage "Even bad press is better than no press at all..." is relevant in today's social media age. The incident I speak of is none other than 13-year-old Rebecca Black and her basically awful......
- Facebook Isn't the Best to Leverage Social Media The NAA (National Apartment Association) Conference in New Orleans was really cool, I had a great time. That was my first trip to New Orleans, what a great city.My first night there I hung out at a little place along the river, had some oysters and listened to blues, all while watching the the ships pup and......
- Are You on the Right Digital Highway So we are heading into September, month nine of the year. How is your Digital Marketing Strategy working? Are you achieving the desired result you were hoping for? Absent a solid strategy, that blends and integrates your overall marketing plan for your business, measurement doesn't mean much. But what if......
- A pumpkin spice-flavored, and brilliant, marketing campaign [/caption] I love Starbucks. I love their pumpkin spice latte. And, now I'm in love with their new marketing campaign. The background: Starbucks is running a campaign where loyal customers can vote on which city gets to partake in their delicious pumpkin spice lattes first. Starting Monday, visitors go to......
- Urban Rivals Market Bot Update: Shortly after I posted this, the good folks of Urban Rivals politely asked me to remove the post and I politely declined. About a week later, someone informed me changes were made to the market, and the first few sales for each card are now displayed as images rather......
- The Magic of Scarcity in Apartment Marketing Something very strange happens when your apartment communities occupancy surpasses the long establish 95% mark. The world reacts differently to your product offering and your staff reacts differently to the world. 95% Occupancy Is a Very Safe Spot It seems as though some apartment marketers feel like they are in really great shape when hovering......
- Article Marketing: Two Vital Errors That Will Sink Your Strategy These days, online businesses have numerous free online marketing techniques to choose from, such as social marketing, forum marketing and more. However, the best way to promote your site or blog is to get the word out by writing targeted articles. There are a number of reasons why you would......
- How To Get More - Article Marketing Tips If you've never used article marketing for generating targeted traffic, then you're seriously missing out on something. In this article we will be discussing some simple yet effective article marketing tips that give you long term results. Whether or not you intend to target a specific niche market such as......
- How To Grow Your Social Brand Via Social Media Social media has arrived on the scene and it is sticking around for a long time to come. A unique plan for creating a relationship with your targeted group is to advertise your products or services by producing your own personal brand. This article will get you to see that......