If Your Digital Marketing Isn't Producing More Leases It is Just a Hobby
Here are some weekend reads and links that we found interesting and of potential value for your business and apartment marketing trek. They are in no order, enjoy the weekend!
Now this was not a scientific, data filled test haha, if you been on my blog long enough, you know I’m all about simple. This was a simple A and B test. Now simple doesn’t mean it didn’t reveal some great information on which profile you should be using.
What I did was I chose 2 Twitter profiles, one was more personal and funny and one was more about service I offer.
LinkedIn Company Pages
First, it’s a billboard for your company and it’s free. If you have a company, nonprofit, small business, sole proprietorship, you should put your company on LinkedIn because it is free advertising and it will help in your website’s search engine optimization (SEO). Also, it’s a one time set up and doesn’t require a lot of maintenance moving forward.
Creating a Branded Foursquare Page
Since its inception a few years ago, Foursquare has been growing at a steady clip and brands like Starbucks, The History Channel, CNN, Walgreens and many others have been experimenting with the platform. They boast about 10 million users that are actively “checking-in” to locations at a clip of 3 million times each day. Some brands have partnered with Foursquare to create custom badges to award users and others have offered specials and discounts to those that check-in at their locations while others are offering discounts and special offers to those that check-in using the service when they visit their locations.
Previously exclusive to a handful of brands, you can now create a page to interact with fans & customers as they explore the world around them. The free service recently announced on the Foursquare blog is probably the easiest way for brands to take advantage of the ever more popular platform.
Twitter.com Enhancements: Twitter is rolling out a new interface when accessing your accounts on Twitter.com. The old @Mention tab is replaced with two new tabs: an “@Username” tab and an “Activity” tab. Similar to Google+, this shows you new people who have followed you and new activity of people in your network.
How to get 53,000 Twitter Followers
A Slow Start
At first I just followed friends who were on Twitter and proceeded to just use it sporadically due to being a newbie , not wanting to say the wrong thing or just to avoid looking stupid. At that time I didn’t have a blog so the link feature (that I would highly recommend you set up on your Twitter settings) was not used. For the first few months I only had 30 or so Twitter followers and used it to to tweet about my day to day activities in a very benign way. My take on Twitter at the time was very much like most people back then and also a lot today who don’t see the point about Twitter and see it as superficial and trivial.
Why Having Your Name As Your Twitter Name Is Important
In March 2009 I set up my blog and again luckily was able to secure my my domain name which was intentionally again with my own name. From a personal branding angle having a blog and a Twitter handle which is the same with a consistent personal brand is very important.
At this time Twitter became vital to me to help me grow my blog traffic and so I proceeded to follow people on Twitter with more enthusiasm, activity and focus. I followed people on lists such as Twitterholic and Twitter Grader, they have lists of some of the power users and theelite Twitterati who have large followings, so thinking that big was better I proceeded to follow the biggies. Eventually I understood the power of Twitter as a niche marketing tool on steroids and proceeded to follow people in the niche that I was blogging about which was social media, PR and marketing. The tool that I used at the time was Twellow.com which is a Twitter Yellow pages where you can search and easily follow people in different categories from within the application. Twellow does tend to be slow to load and seems to be a bit buggy but it worked for me at the time.
Need some help organizing and launching a Digital Marketing Strategy that Delivers Leases, We can help you with that at The Urbane Way!
Eric’s background is rooted in the rental and real estate industries. He founded metro Detroit’s Urbane Apartments in 2003, after serving as senior vice president for a major Midwest apartment developer. He established a proven track record of effectively repositioning existing rental properties in a way that added value for investors while enhancing the resident experience.
He also established The Urbane Way, a social media marketing and PR laboratory, where innovative marketing ideas are tested. Eric has been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine and Business Week Magazine.
You can connect with Eric_Urbane on Twitter.
Eric also writes regular articles for the following publications;
- Is Social Media a fad or a Revolution? I found this post over at 30Lines, It is a pretty cool video, and spot on, Let us know your thoughts, The numbers are staggering, Is social media just a fad, or is it fundamentally changing the way we communicate?Think about some of this data: * By 2010, Gen Y......
- Trustworthy Social Marketing is In the Eye of the Beholder Is Facebook is an Overrated Marketing Venue?While we love the interaction and social media engagement of facebook, it may not have the all mighty marketing authority you think it does. The folks over at eMarketer had an interesting piece titled What Makes Social Media Trustworthy, and suggest that blog posts were more likely to......
- There Is An Order To Effective Social Media Marketing What Are Your Social Media Marketing Expectations From the Social Media Pundits to the Social Media Experts, it seems all will agree that Social Media Marketing takes some time to effectively implement. It is not a quick fix to a broken product, nor is it free. Much has been written about engagement, community, listen to the customer and......
- Build You Own Branded Media House, and Own It Our friends over at Duct Tape Marketing penned a great post this week titled, Facebook Is Not The House; Let me be very clear on my thinking on this: Facebook is not the house, Twitter is not the house, your social profiles spread far and wide are not the house.......
- A Better Way to Source Apartment Leasing Leads I have been thinking a lot about Curation lately, and how it will add value for the following and readership of your digital assets for those who master the task. Content Curation is much different than content aggregation. The barrage of information coming at us is overwhelming, and someone needs to filter......
- Social Media Networking Can Be Costly Many consumers using social media networks are unaware of the potential danger lurking within. Social media networking has grown in popularity in recent years with consumers and businesses alike logging on to share information with others. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and Linkedin are just a few of the networks popular with......
- Is Social Media Any Good For Getting New Shoppers Social media can be an advantage or a downside for many companies. If your business operates in a very small geographical area, there isn't any point in drawing out an elaborate social media strategy and having somebody on the payroll full time blogging, operating Face Book, sending out Tweets......
- How Can Social Media Improve Your Business and ROI? This is a guest post! If you want to write for us, Contact using the Contact Me form. Social media is offering support to craft a new era in the business engagement and transparency, building up both new opportunities and challenges. Time has gone when the organizations could trust on......
- Teaching Needed To Be Successful In Social Media Internet Marketing - Turn Out To Be Profitable On Social Media Platforms best social media for businessone. Your Mindset The initially education needed to succeed in social media marketing consists of ourself as a person. You need to have to get a good search at yourself, your mindset, character, enthusiasm, intention, your degree of communication with individuals and your personal want to......
- Social Media Optimization - Precisely How It Really Works A Popular New Trend that Breaks from Search engine optimization Social media optimization is similar to listings media optimization. The goal of social network optimization is to drive large sums of people to a specific website. Social websites optimization doubles to determine if a startup website will likely be successful......